Dev Star Workshop
The team at Oracle has put together this interactive workshop that I can now deliver at your company or event. If you are interested just get in contact on email martin dot beeby at oracle dot com.
In this workshop you will work together in squads to complete the mission – becoming the Dev Star.
- Choose your platform space fighter of choice (Node.js, Java or PHP) and develop and deploy cloud native microservices that will help defeat the Alien War Ship.
- You will learn how to build, manage and deploy cloud native microservices.
- You will learn how to manage the source control, continuous integration and continuous deployment of your microservices in a DevOps manner.
- You will explore and perform actions related to scaling and operating your microservices.
- You will use your creativity and team play to develop features to your microservices that will help your team win!
Laptop. Any IDE or code editor with Git support.
Familiarity with any of the following coding languages: Java, PHP or Node.js.
Recommendations depending on language:
- Java: Maven and JDK installed
- Node.js: NPM (Node Package Manager) installed
- PHP: Apache web server and PHP installed